Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What We've Been Up To

I'm on an 8 day countdown to turn in the Yearbook to the publishers.  Eight days of chaos.  Eight days of stress.  Eight days of freaking out until the yearbook is safely out of my hands.

I needed a small break from designing pages, so I thought I'd update things here.

We took the junior high kiddos to the Chrism Mass before Easter.  It is our tradition to get a picture with the Bishop.

Hudson had a soccer game with his team.  I don't know any of these kids.  Everyone is new.

My partner teacher is AMAZING and thought up a whole new way to portray the Live Stations of the Cross.  I was her sounding board.  This shadow telling was brilliant...and a lot of work!

Still taking selfies.

*A few weeks ago, I ended up in the ER at the hospital for severe abdominal pain.  After 8 1/2 hours at the hospital, I was sent home with a diagnosis of pain.  Hmmmmm.  Helpful.  In any case, it dramatically changed my eating habits for the next three weeks.  I was feeling pretty skinny there!

Snuggles with the big one. First official day of our shortened Easter Break.

I've been coveting these shoes.  On sale and a coupon made them a great deal!  Love them!

Ignore the dirty mirror and focus on the adorable shoes!  They are a much taller heel than I normally wear, but they are so worth it!

My friend Stacey got married in Pismo on Saturday, so we headed to the coast for a mini vacation.

My men.  Eric bought them both a cheap pair of sunglasses to combat the pretty beachy days!  I love Evan's choice.

All of us sporting our shades.

Ready for a wedding.

Back at the hotel, wearing Evan's glasses, lounging by the pool and reading a book.  I purposely didn't take any yearbook stuff to work on while we were away.  Instead, I finished three books and got through most of a fourth.  Rather than losing myself in tv this year, I've been losing myself in books.  Luckily, I've been reading a wide variety, including self improvement books.

The hotel had complimentary wine and snacks in the evening.  Kids got soda.

Pool time is always fun on vacation.

Everyone likes Evan's choice of sunglasses.

Easter lunch at Chili's. Evan was a grump.  I forget why.  He snapped out of it later.

On the way home, we stopped at Bravo Farms in Kettleman City.  Hudson asked me to take a picture of his sorbet.  It really was tasty.

Enough catching up. Gotta get back to the yearbook.  I'm trying to stay positive about the work load ahead.  Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment