Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Disneyland Day 4 - Final Day

Monday was our last day at Disneyland.  It was a very relaxed day with no rush or hurry. We woke up without alarms, got ready slowly, packed up, and headed to the park.  We didn't get into Disneyland until 11 a.m.  Not the best time to beat the rush, but it was nice not to be so tired.

I still had not ridden Hyper Space Mountain, so we went there first thing to grab a fast pass.  The rest of the day was spent going to various attractions.

We started in the Super Hero HQ building.  (That building used to be the America the Beautiful show.)  I did not like the Super Hero building, but the kids enjoyed it quite a bit.  For that reason alone, it was worth it.

Hudson had to pick the "best" Ironman suit to pose in front of.

This one is very concerned with his appearance lately, and that means spending time gelling his hair!  It's really cute to watch!

Just hanging out with a bunch of Super Heroes.

We stood in a 20-minute line to see Spiderman.  Until we were allowed around the corner, I really wasn't sure what it was we were going to see.  Oh, the actual Spiderman!  Thrill.

We did the web thing pose.  The boys seemed to enjoy it.

As if meeting Spiderman wasn't the thrill of a lifetime, Hudson convinced us that we needed to meet Chewbacca.  Again, I could barely contain my excitement.  Look at how tall that guy is!  He towers over Eric!

We rode Hyper Space Mountain and it was awesome!

Then we did a little shopping and eating.  I bought a Small World ornament.  I like getting ornament souvenirs.  As we were walking over to the Golden Horseshoe Revue, I realized we needed a selfie in front of the castle.  It's hard to get all four of us in a selfie and be able to see the background because of the difference in heights.  A nice lady stopped and offered to take the picture for us, and it turned out really nice.

I feel like we made such great memories on this trip.

One thing I really wanted to do on this trip was go to the Golden Horseshoe Revue.  I remember it as a kid and haven't been back since.  We got there at 3, enjoyed ice cream sundaes, and waited for the show at 3:30.

The show was all about how Frontierland came to be.  Eric got called up on stage to be a part of the show!


He played the part of Paul Bunyan!

With the Big Blue Ox!  He would yell, "Timber," whenever they called his name!


Eric was such a good sport and it was so fun to see him up there!

 He did a great job!

At about 4 p.m. we were heading towards Main Street to do our shopping and head home, when we ran into a parade!  We sat down and only had to wait about 7 minutes before it was going to start!  Perfect!  It was Mickey's Rock and Roll parade.  I love parades!

Hudson and I passed the time by taking selfies.

This one makes me laugh!


I was trying to take a picture of my new earrings.  Hudson had to show off his weird face.

He thinks this particular face is hilarious.  I think it's creepy.

Evan had to get in on the fun with his creepy faces.

Aren't my little Mickey earrings super cute?

Then I got sneaky and took pictures of Eric.

I don't think he noticed!

The kids did!

Ooops!  I got caught!

Oh this little face.  I hope he remembers this trip for a long time to come!

Seeing the parade was a great way to end the day.  We did a little shopping and headed out to the trams.  

It was quite a long drive home and we didn't get there until after 11.  That made for a rough Tuesday, but it was worth it for such a great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment