Friday, August 7, 2015

Ramblings

After the great girls weekend that I enjoyed, the week was back to business as usual.  And not "summer" business of lazy sleeping in and no plans, but actual business of going to work, dealing with things that I have been ignoring, and soccer practice.  You know, real life stuff going on around here!

We had two days of registration at school, so I saw a lot of families and parents.  A very common question was, "How was your summer?"  And I never know how to answer that!  Because my answer is rather dreary, but I don't think people want to hear that.  It reminds me of the check out person at the grocery store.  Even if your purchases are nothing but cold medicine and chicken soup, they ask how your day is.  Sometimes I just want to point at the medicines rolling through their scanner and say, "How do you think it is?"  But I generally try to be pleasant and just say, "Fine."  I don't think anyone really wants to know HOW you are REALLY doing!

Back to my summer question.  I should just answer with 'fine' or 'great' and leave it at that.  But those are lies!  Lies!

Truth be told, I don't like summer.  Don't get me wrong...I enjoy days off and sleeping in, but as a rule, summer is just NOT my season.  I took a few days off after school ended, but I was also prepping for summer school.  I spent six weeks running a summer school program.  We went away for a weekend wedding only to get sick driving home.  I planned to take the next week off, which I did, but spent it sick.  I did have a fun girls' weekend.  And now I'm back in prep mode for school.  

How was summer?  Hot.  Busy.  Lack of routine which starts to wear on me.  

Sorry for being a downer today!

 This is how I felt on Tuesday night after getting home from two hours of soccer practice.  I sat in my retreat room with the fan on high and my blankie pulled up to my nose.  Earlier that day I helped with six hours of registration.  Wiped out!

 I watched Modern Family in the dark.

 I made sure my toes got fresh air.

 I felt like this!

 I did look chipper earlier that day.  Eric had a Council meeting at work, so I was at soccer practice by my lonesome.  At least Eddie kept me company and listened to my ramblings!

 Me on Wednesday morning at the gym looking fresh and ready to run.

 And the after photo looking a bit worn out!

I randomly bought this stuff for girls' weekend at Trader Joe's and ended up LOVING it.  I have since craved it with a passion.  Last night after working at registration for another five hours and dealing with a splitting headache, I drove myself over to Trader Joe's and got me some more of this delicious stuff.  I opened it in the car because I was so excited.

My eating yesterday was quite random.  I had Toaster Strudel for breakfast, I bought potato cheese soup for lunch, I had tortilla chips and salsa for a snack,and olive tepenade and chicken caesar salad for dinner.

My thoughts are all over the place in this post.  Please forgive the ramblings.  Here's to getting a few more projects done this weekend and going into the beginning of the year with a fresh perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment