Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three Days Before Christmas

But really it feels like two days before Christmas because we start the celebration on the 24th. I love Christmas Eve!

Anyhow, we are having another low key morning.

I exercised on the elliptical, cleaned the kitchen, got the crock pot started for chili this evening, and have been reading blogs. Reading blogs is probably one of my favorite things to do besides watch tv. TV is awful right now. Nothing new in the DVR, so I'm blog stalking.

Here are a few photos from the morning.


Steady rain has brought out puddles and slimy things. All to the delight of two little boys. Evan is using knitting needles to dig in the puddle. Luckily, I don't knit.


I love how the house smells when something has been cooking in the crock pot all day. I would have taken the lid off, but I didn't want the chili to lose heat. You'll have to trust me. It looks and smells heavenly.


My children are obsessed with Egg Nog, which is known as "Christmas Milk" around here. I think it must be laced with crack. The kids won't quit asking for it. I like how it smells, but I won't drink it.


Time to hide head in shame. This is my next project as soon as I post this. Hopefully I'll get this room under control. I'll post updates if I make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment