Friday, December 24, 2010

Girlfriends

A few months ago Eric asked Hudson if he had a girlfriend, expecting him to say Brooke, who is a 3-year-old girl who goes to the same daycare. Hudson said that yes, he does have a girlfriend...Ashley! She is the 16-year-old daughter of the daycare provider!

That gave us a good chuckle. Hudson has no age boundaries!

A few days ago Evan suddenly announces to me that Hudson broke up with Ashley! He was very serious as he said it. "Ashley wasn't sharing, so Hudson broke up with her."

I just about died laughing.

"I didn't break up with my girlfriend, though," Evan said.

"Who is your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Greven."

"Does Greven know she is your girlfriend?" I asked.

"No."

"Why not?"

With the utmost respect, Evan answered, "Because I don't want to embarrass her!"

Awww! What a sweet little boy!

With a few more questions, I found out that other kids know Greven is Evan's girlfriend, but she is clueless!

Evan asked me if this was the right thing to do in not telling her. I told Evan while he is in first grade, it is absolutely the right way to handle it. However, when he gets older, I suspect he may want to let the girlfriend in on the secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment