Sunday, December 12, 2010

Is God Real?

Evan asked us if God was real tonight. He wanted to know if it was real or just a pretend story. We assured him that God was real, but I wanted to know the reason for the question.

He said he just wondered because he's never seen God before because He's in heaven. I told Evan that he was right about God being in heaven, and it is a little hard to understand.

Then Evan asked, "What about this tricky thing, Mom? God can be in heaven, but he could also be at a lake at the same time." Um, yep, He sure can.

I told Evan that God is like a super hero with super powers, but even better and stronger and more powerful.

I found his questions to be very real, thoughtful and sweet. I didn't mind at all that he was questioning the "realness" of God. It gave us a good few minutes to talk as a family about God's love.

I told him that even though we don't see God in person, we see signs of him such as our love for our family.

Then we talked about Christmas lights.

Such is the mind of a 6-year-old boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment