Thursday, July 1, 2010

Zoo Trip #2

Evan got invited to go with a friend to a day camp, so I took Hudson to the zoo again. I know we just went there last week, but he asked me yesterday if we were going to the zoo. So, off we went.

I stopped at the Classic Cut by our grocery store to get Hudson a haircut first, but much to my shock and dismay, our beloved $15 hair salon has gone out of business. Where ever will we go to get cheap trims?

Anyhow, off to the zoo.


Hudson standing in an elephant thing. I'm not really sure what this thing is. But see how bad his hair looks? Granted, I didn't comb it, but still! He looks like a fuzzy Q-Tip.


As many times as I have been to the zoo, I have never thought to have my children pose with this hippo. I don't even know that I ever noticed the hippo come to think of it.

We left a bit early because I wanted to purchase a parking pass. It currently costs $3 per car to get into the park. I don't usually have cash, so I scraped together $3 worth of nickels and dimes. Then I was told at the zoo entrance that parking is going up to $5! Geez! The zoo was graciously offering to members (I am a member) the chance to purchase a parking pass for $30. It wasn't a special price or anything, but it was the convenience of getting it right there at the zoo as opposed to going downtown to buy one. Since I have an unnatural fear of downtown, it's a good thing I was able to get one right at my happy zoo.

Unfortunately, the process took almost a half hour. Good grief. I was just about ready to give up. I lost Hudson for 15 terrifying seconds, and then the man waved to me that they found the credit card swiper machine. Talk about old school.

Now we can park and get into the zoo for free. All I have to worry about next time is money for popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment