Saturday, July 10, 2010

Despicable Me

The summer school kids had a field trip to see Despicable Me. I had to take Hudson because Linda is on vacation, but I had hope that he might be able to handle a movie at the theater.

He did so-so.


Here he is settled into his seat right before the movie started. He enjoyed his popcorn snack.

About 30 minutes into the movie, Hudson started getting restless. He climbed all over me, whined a bit, stood up, rocked on his seat, and made the movie impossible for me to watch. Anytime the movie got really loud, Hudson would pay attention, but it didn't hold his interest.

I finally took him out to the lobby at the hour and 10 minute mark. He found a few things to do like pretend to play games, run around like a nut, and irritate me in general.


This kid loves toy guns.

We went back into the theater for another shot at watching the movie. And we left again after 10 more minutes. No more chances for him. The rest of the group came out about 10 minutes after that.

What I saw of the movie was really cute. I'd love to see how it ends!

Lesson to Mom: Hudson can't go to the movie theater again until he is at least four.

1 comment:

  1. My husband just took the three kids this weekend. Our 6-year-old and 12-year-old loved it. The 13-year-old thought it was "okay."

    ReplyDelete