Friday, July 30, 2010

New

Hudson did something new today. Something he has never done before. Something no one in our house has ever done before.

This morning Hudson peed on the garage floor right next to the car. Yes, peed in the garage.

I had gone out there to switch laundry, and Hudson followed me out there. Perfectly normal so far. The only strange thing was that he was a few feet away from me instead of inches from me like normal.

I was doing my thing pulling out shirts that needed to be hung, throwing socks and underwear into the dryer, and cursing the fact that that my "laundry room" is in the garage.

Suddenly Hudson tells me, "Mom, I pee right here." Huh?!!!

I start screaming and make a leap towards him. He doesn't even acknowledge me as he relieves himself all over the cement. I'm yelling at the top of my lungs for him to stop. He doesn't even know I'm there.

I was hesitant to get too close for fear of being peed on at 7 a.m. Hudson peed on Eric last week while on vacation. I'll have to share that story later. There wasn't much I could do except wait it out.

And wait. And wait.

It was morning pee and he had a lot of it.

I guess I should be happy that he is able to go all night without wetting the bed. However, I still don't trust him enough to let him go without a Pull-Up.

Once he was done, Hudson stared at me with those enormous eyes of his, as if he just realized his mother was a hopping yelling lunatic. I made him take paper towels and mop up his mess, which he was reluctant to do. Oh well little stinker. He did it. I calmed down.

The fun never stops. I just can't figure out why he would think peeing on the ground in the garage would be okay. He's never done it before. We've never encouraged him to pee in there. I don't get it. I'll never get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment