Monday, July 12, 2010

Uno Attack!

Last Sunday on the Fourth of July, we were trying to decide what game to play as a family. I remembered that my mom gave Evan Uno Attack for Christmas...and we have never even opened it. Chalk that one up to Worst Mom of the Year.

Anyhow, we grabbed the box, put the batteries in the machine, and had a great time playing the game. The fun continued into the next day. This time, however, we let Hudson play with help from Dad.

Hudson's whole objective in Uno Attack was to press the button and hope and pray that cards came flying out at him. (That is what you DON'T want to happen!) Every time Hudson was successful, he'd jump up in his chair, throw his fist in the air and yell, "I did it!" We were cracking up each time.


Contemplating which card to use. The game was a good skill builder for colors. Hudson knows if he has a red, green, blue or yellow card and can place it on the pile.


That little brain of his is probably trying to figure out how he can fling himself across the table to press the button and watch cards fly out. Little schemer.


Evan had a great time playing the game, once he got past his bad attitude when the machine spit cards at him. He still needs practice in "holding" his cards as opposed to laying them out on the table for the world to see.


And because I am vain and insecure all at the same time, here is a photo of me with my new haircut. It's a photo I can actually tolerate. I'm growing out my bangs, and they are at that middle, what-the-heck-do-I-do-with-these-things stage. The haircut lady tapered the sides of my hair to blend in with the bangs. I wasn't really ready for that just yet, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment