Friday, October 23, 2009

This lasted one night



This adorable photo of my sleeping boys was taken a few weeks ago. Don't you just love pictures of sleeping babies? It doesn't matter what a child does to make you crazy during the day, your heart just melts at the sight of them asleep and peaceful.

We began having crazy thoughts that Hudson might be ready to sleep in the big bed with Evan. I started getting giddy at the thought of being able to get rid of the crib.

It took a bit of time to get Hudson settled and asleep, but it wasn't too bad. And the best part was they both stayed in bed all night! Hudson was quite pleased with himself for being in the "ed."

Since things went so swimmingly the first night, we thought we'd try it again. Well, that was the last try for big bed time. Hudson did all the things a typical 2-year-old would do. He was up and out of bed wandering out to the family room every 10 minutes. He just didn't understand the concept of staying in bed and going to sleep.

The final straw was when things were very quiet for some time, and I thought they were both asleep. Then I heard some faint noises. I walked down the hall at 11 at night to find Hudson sitting in the doorway playing with toys. He smiled at me. I plucked him up and deposited him in his crib.

And that ends the saga of project "get rid of the crib." I think Eric and I must have been under a weird spell for thinking it was a good idea to take the 2-year-old out of his crib. Especially since he sleeps VERY WELL in his crib. We rarely have a fight putting him down, and for the most part he sleeps all night. What were we thinking?

We'll try again when Hudson is 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment