Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Evenings



Last week Wednesday was a pleasant evening. We got home at a decent hour, and I let the kids play out front riding bikes and running around.

The neighbor's gardener was there gardening, and there was a little boy hanging out waiting for his parents to be done working. Before you could clap three times, Evan and Hudson had befriended this little boy.

Pretty soon Evan and this little guy (I think his name is Reuben) took turns writing on paper, running around, and finally settling in on the driveway for a little chalk drawing.

Unfortunately, right as I got the camera out of the car to snap the picture, Reuben's parents finished their gardening and called him to go home. So I just missed getting the shot of the two of them lying on the cement, enjoying being in the company of a new friend.

I wish it was still that easy. How wonderful to meet someone new and to be drawing together in minutes. I wish adulthood could be so carefree.

No comments:

Post a Comment