Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bed time rules

Evan has been having a problem coming into our room every night lately. He doesn't seem to understand just how grumpy this can make his mother to have interrupted sleep.

When I put him to bed last night, he requested that we "talk." That is code for, "Mom, stay here and talk to me so I don't have to go to sleep right away." I indulged him.

We talked about soccer, my 5K race, breast cancer, his cousins, the fact that his daddy is tired, Grandma, and STAYING IN BED! I told him that he was NOT allowed to come in our room until he hears the shower. And if he did come in our room and saw that Mom and Dad were still in bed, he was to turn his butt right around and go back to his own room.

I then asked him, "What are you going to do if you come in our room and Mom and Dad are sleeping?

Evan said in his little 5-year-old sing-song voice, "I turn my butt around and go back to my room."

It was one thing for me to say it, but another to hear him say it! Made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment