Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad! (and the rest are sick)


Eric and me two years ago at Christmas - I know it's old, but I like the photo of the two of us!


Evan and his Daddy at the fair


Hudson and his Daddy at the fair

Today is Eric's birthday! Happy Birthday to the best Dad and husband ever! The day is a bit clouded with the fact that both boys and I are sick. I started to feel pretty bad on Friday morning. Hudson has been fighting a cruddy nose for a few weeks, and Evan started coughing on Saturday. At least Eric and I celebrated and had a wonderful "birthday" weekend a few weeks ago. Hopefully that will make up for the fact that not much is going on today. Eric is cooking prime rib for dinner. Yum! And there is birthday cake. Granted, it could be an entry for cakewrecks.com but it is white cake, and Eric likes white cake with butter cream frosting.

Here is what Evan loves about his daddy: I love my Daddy because he helps me. He helps do the gate for me and he helps me build my ships. I like him. He likes playing on his computer, and he fixes computers. He works at work, and Greg always goes there with him. My Daddy takes me to school. We listen to the Cars song. He always turns my Cars song on. I love you Daddy!

Here is what Hudson loves about his daddy: (loosely translated by Mom) I love my Daddy because he is big and strong and he picks me up and I am tall! My Daddy gives me big hugs, and he makes a mean bottle of milk! He feeds me, keeps me away from the puppies, and watches me when I play outside. I love you Daddy!

I love my husband because he is my best friend. He is a man with character, morals, values, and integrity. He protects his family, provides for us, and laughs with us. I love talking to him at the end of each day. In the 6 years we've been together, we haven't run out of things to talk about. He loves me unconditionally, makes me laugh, and is a delicious cook! There is so much I love about Eric, but that would take a book.

We love you Honey! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Awe!! That is so sweet. What a great guy! Happy belated birthday! Oh and I liked what you listed because those are traits he'll never lose (being able to talk and cook!) That dinner sounds delicious too!!!!

    ReplyDelete