Monday, November 24, 2008

Chef of the Week

Evan was Chef of the Week at school today. This past weekend we shopped for our supplies to make froggy sandwiches. The "froggy" part of the sandwich involved mixing green food coloring into the mayonnaise. The kids loved the mixing and spreading steps. Then they had to put ham and cheese slices onto their bread to make their sandwich. I was there to supervise the process. I also got to read a Thanksgiving story.

It was a lot of fun seeing Evan in his classroom. This is a side of him that I never get to see. I find it funny that I was exhausted after only being there for 2 1/2 hours. You would think I didn't handle 29 3rd graders every day! It was just different being around all the tiny people. Evan loved having me there and kept smiling and waving at me when he was at his other stations. It was a very special day for our little chef!


The start of Evan's big day as Chef of the Week.


Miss Monica crowning Evan as Chef of the Week.


Miss Monica demonstrates how to make a froggy sandwich.


Washing our hands before we "cook."


Sitting in the King's Chair to lead his group in making froggy sandwiches. Such a proud little man!

2 comments:

  1. He looks SO Proud!! What a sweetie. So did you have to come up with Froggie Sandwhiches or is it assigned what you will be having? What a cute idea! And I love seeing the boys in the school environment. Its so refreshing and reassuring to see they are ok and that they are doing GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't have to come up with the menu. Miss Monica has a huge selection of ideas that the "chef" helps her pick. All of the recipes are easy put-together type things. No actual cooking involved. Evan chose frog sandwiches. I know what you mean about school. I just knew in my heart that Evan was ready, and it is a relief to see him doing so well and having fun.

    ReplyDelete