Monday, November 10, 2008

The Birthday Weekend is Over

I sure love this man who is a wonderful husband and father.


Eric and I had the best weekend. My sister and BIL agreed to take the kids for the weekend so we could celebrate Eric's birthday. His birthday isn't until the end of November, but this weekend worked out for everyone involved.

We enjoyed going to the Bulldog game on Friday night. They lost, but we like being there. We slept in on Saturday morning. Yes, I slept in until 7 a.m! That may not seem like sleeping in, but when you are used to getting up in the 5 o'clock hour, 7 is definitely sleeping in! We spent much of Saturday shopping for Evan. It sounds weird to spend our day doing that, but it was nice to putter around town and shop without dragging two children along.

We had a relaxing afternoon, and then got ready for dinner. I had been looking forward to this dinner for over a week. We had reservations at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Oh my goodness. That was the best steak I have ever had. It arrived at our table sitting in sizzling butter! Butter on steak...could it get any better?! The entire meal was decadent and delicious. The service was superior, and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

We again slept in. What a delight when that never happens on the weekends. As much as we enjoyed being alone, as we drove to my sister's to get the kids, we both agreed that we missed the kids and were looking forward to seeing them. Hudson snuggled into my shoulder for the longest time. Such sweet little snuggles and smiles. Evan ran and leaped into our arms. Both kids had a great time playing with cousins but were ready to come home.

Happy Birthday my love! On your real birthday, I'll talk about you some more. For now, it was amazing spending time with you and only you! I love you!

1 comment: