Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Saints Day

Yep, it's All Saints Day for those of you who didn't know that. It's the day in the Catholic Church when we honor all saints. I remember my first year teaching, my class had the All Saints Day Mass. It was the FIRST time I had ever had to put together a Mass, and I was so nervous. It turned out well, but I'm glad that nine years later, putting together a Mass feels much easier.

I am sorry I haven't posted lately. I have wanted to. My excuse is that Eric took down our server, so I don't have access to pictures. I haven't wanted to post any posts without pictures. I don't think the server is being shared with me yet, so still no pictures. Hopefully soon.

I'll just have to post belated events like pumpkin carving and Halloween at a later date. We did have a good night trick or treating. Evan's pumpkin is literally filled to the brim with all the sugar he collected at his school, my school, and the neighborhood. He started out as Scooby Doo, but said his costume was hurting him. For trick or treating we pulled a puppy costume out of the closet. Hudson was a pony. He was cute!

Evan lost his candy for the day. Little monster woke us up at 6. I told him to lay down on the floor under the huge blanket left there for him. He said no and proceeded to scream. Ugh! I told him if he didn't stop, he'd lost his candy. He didn't stop. He lost his candy.

I haven't touched any of his loot. I so badly want to eat all the stuff in there, even the candy I don't care for. But I haven't.

Lastly, we had a visitor in our house last night. Mac T was sitting in the corner of the couch, but he had to jump down because Hudson was near. When he jumped down I thought there was a pile of poop left behind. Gross, I know, but you never know with kids and dogs. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was a frog! Ewwwww! I flipped out and grabbed Hudson and ran to the kitchen! Eric kept asking me what it was. I kept trying to yell frog frog! Finally he saw it, the frog hopped onto the floor, and Eric managed to get it into a little box to put it outside. I have no idea how that frog got in the house, much less on the couch. Yuck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you're so good--with your busy schedule as a mom, Vice Principal, Teacher, wife, daughter, and more-you still have time to blog. AMAZING-I'm going to enjoy reading about your home adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Happy All Saints to you too! LOL little late for me but I finally updated your blog address. Ya!! That is so strange about the frog. I would have flipped about the frog!

    ReplyDelete