Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Want My Weekend Back

I was talking to my mom on the phone tonight, and I realized just how much I am loving my family right now.

It's not that I didn't love them before, but I am loving where my family is at right now. Evan is six, Hudson is three, and Eric and I are working hard to be more active and healthy.

We have had some amazing weekends in the past few months. This past weekend was no exception.

Hudson and I had an evening together on Friday while the E's were at soccer practice. Then we all woke up early on Saturday morning to do the race. I LOVE that Hudson is now old enough to participate in these events with us.

Off to a basketball game, a soccer game, and dinner. I LOVE that we can go to restaurants without fear of meltdowns and tantrums.

I LOVE that the kids let Eric and me sleep in! Granted it's only until 7:30 or so, but still! That's better than 6 a.m. on a Saturday!

I'm just feeling a sense of such happiness at where we are right now. Long family bike rides, runs, ice cream treats, and snuggling. I want my weekend and that feeling back. Luckily, it should be back in three days. I have to think of it that way!

I am just content with us. And I LOVE that.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are doing great with being active and healthy! Keep it up and congrats!

    ReplyDelete