Sunday, April 25, 2010

Potty

This could be a total fluke, or it might be the start of Hudson's potty training, but he spent the entire day without a diaper, and he did not have a single accident!

I wasn't intending to start potty training him right now, but he has been complaining for over a week that his weenie hurts. "My weenie hurts, Mom!" But it comes out sound like, "Ma weenie huwts, Mom!"

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with his weenie, and it is not hurting him to pee, so we aren't really sure what's up with this. However, he seems to be better when we take his diaper off. This morning I went to change him, and Hudson informed me that he didn't want a diaper. Hmmm. Okay, I thought.

Amazingly, that child made it all day until 4 p.m. when we had to put a diaper on him to go out of town. Every time we asked him if he had to pee, he said yes and peed in the potty like a big boy. He even pooped on his little potty seat.

I am not deluding myself into thinking he's got this figured out, but it was a pretty cool step towards diaper freedom. I don't care either way since the child is only 2 1/2, but it wouldn't surprise me if he just made up his mind that he's done with diapers and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment