Saturday, April 10, 2010

Angels

I had an interesting thought earlier today. I was super irritated yesterday with the car breaking down and then being trapped at home all day. I was bummed that I didn't get to go to Hanford to have lunch with Eric and the boys. That was the part that bugged me the most.

The thought I had today was this: what if this happened for a very specific reason such as keeping us safe? Maybe had we gone to Hanford something terrible might have happened to us like a car accident. Maybe our guardian angels were watching over us to keep us safe from something that could have been far worse than being home safe in our house where there is food, tv, comfort, and security.

I guess what I am saying is that I was feeling a bit guilty for being so irritated over something that was beyond my control. I need to learn to take things a bit more in stride. The car not starting was certainly not the worst I have faced. In fact, it was small potatoes compared to some things that happened last year.

I had a day at home with my boys. I had Eric helping with the situation by making phone calls. I had dinner out with my family. I have so many blessings. I need to always remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment