Monday, February 15, 2010

Where Evan Go?

Evan is spending the afternoon playing at a friend's house. This is causing much confusion for Hudson. Hudson is rarely home with just Mom and Dad without his brother being around. Even though they bug the heck out of each other, I think Hudson misses Evan.

As soon as we pulled away from the friend's house, Hudson said, "Where Evan go?" But you have to imagine him saying it in his baby 2 1/2-year-old voice without the "r" or "v" sounds. It would sound more like this...Whewe E'an go? And it's breaking my heart.

Hudson isn't crying or carrying on, but he seems to be genuinely lonely without his brother. However, he has been playing really well outside by himself. He even wanted to eat lunch on the swing set.


Eating in the sunshine. And no, I didn't get him dressed. It's a holiday.


It's a rough life being this cute.


Hudson told me a bit ago, "I go friend's house," because that was our answer every time he asked where Evan was. In time, baby, in time. You'll be big enough to head off to a friend's house. For now, however, you get to stay home with us.


This kid needs a haircut. He always needs a haircut.

We'll go pick Evan up in a few hours. I'm sure the boys will be back to their regular bickering. I just hope Evan is behaving at his friend's house.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor little guy! My boys are always a little lost without the others when they've been invited to playdates & parties too. Nice to know that they love each other, even if they bicker most of the time they're together!

    ReplyDelete