Saturday, February 6, 2010

Letter to Hudson



Dear Hudson,

I love you more than anything. You are my adorable, high-spirited, full of energy child. You go go go go go until you can't go anymore. And then you crash. You make me want to pull my hair out, and then you fall asleep on the couch and look so innocent and sweet that I want to hold your little curled up body in my arms for hours.

You haven't been sleeping for long, but I am about to go wake you up. As much as I love looking at those chubby legs curled up under you on the couch, I know that you aren't going to sleep tonight if I leave you there much longer. And Mommy really needs to sleep tonight. Mommy needs more than 5 hours of sleep to function.

I really wish you had just gone to sleep in your bed, where I put you, several hours ago. Now it is 5 p.m., and I have to disrupt your sleep. I am sorry for that, but I'm not crazy enough to let you continue in this early evening slumber.

I love you, Chicken Little.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment