Monday, February 8, 2010

Proud

I am so proud of Evan. It is amazing to watch him as he learns to read new words everyday. I hope that he develops the same love of reading that I treasure. Tonight he read Green Eggs and Ham by himself. It's the neatest thing to watch him sound out words and understand what he is reading!

We had a very productive evening of dinner, finishing up the week's homework, signing Valentines, and reading. Could it be possible that the Valentine's will actually be signed and sealed before Thursday night?! One can only dream to achieve!

Then Evan saw my camera and said, "Hey Mom! I have an idea. I'll take a picture of you, and you take a picture of me."

Sure, whatever you want kid.


When I asked Evan why he was posing like this, he said it was because all goalies stand like this. Okay.


And here's the shot of me that Evan took. I am choosing not to focus on the horrid mess that is my desk, and instead I'll look at how my hair is getting longer. It's weird how you don't notice it in the mirror, but seeing it in a photo gives you such a different perspective.

Anyhow, nothing overly exciting here tonight. I'm off to kiss Evan goodnight and run on the treadmill. Hopefully no passing out like I almost did yesterday. You can read that wonderful story HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment