Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sneaky, Brave, and Baseball

Sneaky


I didn't get to the camera fast enough to catch what Hudson was doing moments before he climbed out of the corner he is NOT supposed to be near in the first place. I stack blankets in that corner, and Hudson was lying on his back against the stack of blankets drinking his milk. Little sneak. As soon as he heard me, he started to jump out of there. I caught him as he was trying to pretend he was doing nothing wrong!

Brave


Evan was a brave boy today. At least I thought what he did was pretty brave for a 4 1/2-year-old. We went to McDonald's for lunch. I forgot to order apple pie when I originally ordered our food, so I asked Evan if he would go back to the register and ask for two apple pies. I gave him a dollar and 10 cents. I thought he'd get shy on me, but he took the money, waited patiently in line, and ordered two pies. The best part to him was that he got a penny in change! He came running back to the play area proclaiming that he got a penny! I just don't remember being willing to go to a register or speak to adults at his age, so I was impressed.

By the way, I love McDonald's pies, and you can't beat the price at two for a dollar! My school has done two McTeacher nights now, and I usually end up selling pies and cookies. Good pie. Good deal.

Baseball
To finish up the happenings of today, Eric arranged something pretty special for Evan. We were supposed to go to Evan's team party the day my dad was in the hospital, but that didn't happen. Evan never received his special end of the year trophy which is in the shape of a small engraved bat. It's really cute. Eric's boss, Greg, is very into baseball, so he offered to present Evan with the bat at his team's practice this afternoon.


The kids on Greg's team are all gathered around to hear the presentation. Evan didn't know any of this was going to happen.


Greg shows Evan his bat engraved with his name and team name.


It's hard to believe the season is over. This little guy is such an athlete. Not only is he good, but he truly enjoys being out on the ball field playing his heart out. Not once did we have to tell him to hustle during practice. He always took great care of his equipment and was devastated if we threatened to take T-ball away for misbehavior. I am looking forward to many hours sitting on various athletic fields watching this child have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment