Thursday, June 25, 2009

Can we build it? Yes we can!

I took the boys to see the Bob the Builder exhibit at the Fresno Metropolitan Museum. I must say, it was a lot of fun, and I was impressed. It had tons of fun stuff to do for both boys at their respective age levels. It was a lucky day that it only cost $2.50 to get in, but it was an unlucky day that it only cost $2.50 to get in! It was super duper crowded. Still, I enjoyed the morning.


Hudson tries to put puzzles pieces in their spot. He found a golf ball and wouldn't let go of it for the duration of our visit. Also, he loves wearing this hat and rarely takes it off.


This thing was cool. It sucked the golf ball up 10 feet or so, and then dropped it into a peg maze. Evan liked it.


Oh dear I just love this face.


You put the ball in here, and it pops out down there!


This was a neat activity. You had to try to make the ball roll uphill. Evan didn't quite get it to roll, but liked dropping the ball into the holes below.


This was my favorite exhibit. There was a blast of air pushing the beach ball up high. It was fun to see.


Hudson liked it too!


Oh if he were only this helpful at home. Evan liked the overall exhibit, but Bob the Builder was never really "his" cartoon. Now if a Dora or Diego exhibit ever comes to the museum, I'm going to need to get an annual membership so we can be there every day!


Hudson says, "I can help too!" Evan sure loves it when Hudson "helps" with something he's doing. Hmmmm, kind of like when Evan wants to "help" me. I know, that's mean.


This is the only shot I got of these two monkeys standing together both sort of looking at the camera...or at least facing the camera. Right after I took the picture, Hudson started screaming for dear life because he realized there were other kids in the museum! He's got a general fear of strangers. There were at least 50-60 kids there the whole time, but apparently it took him a while to notice!

I love being able to do stuff like this with the kids during the summer. Makes me happy. Makes the kids happy.

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are so cute! Looks like it was a lot of fun even if it was crowded. I think that same Bob the Builder exhibit came to our children's museum here (I recognize some of the stuff!) Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete