Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Preschool Graduation

I really should be writing about our trip to San Francisco before I write about Evan's graduation, but I don't feel like uploading the SF pics from my camera just yet, so graduation will come first on the blog!

Evan graduated from Pre-K on Monday morning. It was adorable. He helped pick out a new outfit the day before. He was decked out in his red, white, and blue plaid shorts and Navy Polo shirt. I think he looked quite dashing.

The kids filed in, sang a few songs, did some sign language, and received their diplomas. Then we all filed outside for a picnic on the field. The kids were allowed for the first time to play on the "big kid" play structures. I had to chuckle because we were taking pictures of Evan on the jungle gym as if it was the first time we had seen him on one...when he's been playing on stuff like this since he was 18 months old!

To further celebrate the day, Eric and I took Evan to see Night at the Museum. I thought it was a really cute movie. We ended the day with pizza at home.

I am just astounded at how grown up Evan is at times. I have a feeling the next 9 years with him at my school are going to fly, if this past year is any indication.


Evan on stage right in the center of the group. Look for the plaid shorts!


Doing a little sign language while singing a song.


About to receive his diploma.


Evan and his teacher, Miss Monica.


Evan and Andres. They are holding their bears because we were at a Teddy Bear Picnic. Evan's educational career is off to a great start.

2 comments:

  1. Don't blink Heather - or he'll be in high school! (Ask me how I know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Congrats, Evan!

    ReplyDelete