Thursday, December 1, 2011

Will this week end?

Not yet, anyhow.

In very cool news, I won a prize! Check THIS out!

Evan had a small meltdown after school because he had a lot of homework. The conversation went something like this:

Me: What's wrong? I can't understand you when you are crying.

Evan: Miihimekln nioeiningieo nioeihighihei.

Me: Um, okay. (Hug hug pat pat)

Me: Slow down. What happened? (I thought he was injured or someone stole his pencil. Who knows?)

Evan: We have to do four pages of cursive!!!!!!! (said in a major melodramatic way)

Me: Okay.

Evan: I can't do it.

Me: Okay, don't do it.

Evan: But I have to do it.

Me: So do it.

Evan: But I can't do it.

Me: We're going in circles, Evan. What do you want to do?

Evan: There's too much. I can't do it.

Me: So don't.

Evan: But I have to.

And you get the gist of the rest of the conversation. I finally got him to go do one more page while I finished up business in the office. By the time I picked him up to go, he'd finished a few more pages. Such drama in the life of a 7-year-old. He did spend quite a bit of time on homework tonight.

After leaving school we had to go to the allergist so Hudson could get his first set of shots monitored by the doctor. I forgot to post about this last week.

Hudson was scratch tested for allergies over the vacation last week.


He did a great job being still on the table while they injected him with bunches of stuff. Those are indeed the medical terms used for this procedure!

Yep, he's allergic. Poor little guy with a red back!


Then they had to do a more in depth test on his arm. It hurt him a bit, but Hudson was a little trooper.

Normally, they don't do these tests until age 5. However, with our family history of horrendous allergies, we knew it was inevitable. The doctor agreed that Hudson could handle this just fine.

Tonight he got his first set of shots. He did great. He said it didn't even hurt. Welcome to the "shot" club, Hudson!

No comments:

Post a Comment