Friday, December 30, 2011

Cowboy and Errands

I made an appointment today for Hudson to have his picture taken in my mom's Hopalong Cassidy cowboy suit. My mom had her picture taken in the suit back in the late 40's or early 50's. Then me, then my sister, then my sister's oldest son, then her youngest son, then my oldest son, and now my youngest son.

I was terrified that I had waited too long to get this done, and the suit wouldn't fit. My mom might have disowned me if that had happened.

I even ironed the little suit! Gotta admit, clothes made back then are of high quality. The little suit still looks great.


The suit.

Hudson was excited about having his picture taken last night. Then he saw the suit and refused to wear it.

I had a little talk with him about how there was no room for negotiation in this matter. He totally understood and put on the suit. Hmmph. Yeah right! We had to bribe him with a smoothie. Don't judge.


Hudson did a great job having his photo taken. They came out great. And yes, we got him a smoothie.

We ran a few errands including buying replacement boards at Lowe's for our fence that runs along the canal. People are always kicking out the boards and crawling through our fence to get to the street. Super rude. I can't even tell you how many boards Eric has replaced.


Hudson liked riding on the blue cart with the boards.

We also bought new rugs for both bathrooms. That was a much needed purchase. Eric made a solo trip to Costco, because I couldn't bear to go there. I took the kids to get allergy shots. Then I dropped them off at home and headed to Vons. I think I bought out the store. We were slightly low on groceries.


This ought to get us through a week. I hope.


This little face was rather attached to me today. Lots of hugs from him at random times.

I also watched a movie on Netflix. No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. I liked it. Fluffy chick flick.

Just a random kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment