Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kill the Moment

I may or may not have mentioned before that Hudson calls Evan "Brother." He rarely, if ever, uses Evan's name. When he says 'Brother,' it comes out sounding like one quickly run-together syllable: Bru-er.

Anyhow...last night we were driving home from a gift card dinner at Applebee's (thank you Secret Prayer Pal!) when Hudson called out, "Brother, press play." God forbid we should spend any time in the car without a movie playing. That would be torture for the small people. Again, I digress.

I made the comment to Eric about how I hope Hudson never stops calling Evan by Brother. It's just cute. It's sweet.

Evan piped up from the backseat, "I like being called Brother."

Eric and I exchanged that "awwwww" look. What a sweet older brother. What a great kid. He loves his little brother. He likes the special name that his little brother uses for him. What a great family moment.

Eric said, "Is it because it makes you feel special? It's a special name just for you?"

Evan said, "No, I just like it."

Annnnnnd, the sweet moment was shot down.

No comments:

Post a Comment