Thursday, May 13, 2010

May Crowning

Every May we have a special prayer service at school to crown Mary with flowers. It is a really sweet prayer service where all the kids are asked to bring flowers to school to lay before the statue of Mary.

This year the kindergarten class was in charge of the prayer service. Evan had a line in the litany and did a great job.


Evan in my classroom before school started with the flowers for Mary that I actually remembered to buy the night before!


The kindergarten kids sitting in the choir area at church waiting for the prayer service to begin.


Evan reading his line.


The statue of Mary after all the school kids adorned her with flowers. So pretty.

Once the service was over, all the flowers were passed out to all the teachers! I now have some beautiful roses sitting on my desk. Those pretty peachy roses just to the left of the statue are now mine!

2 comments:

  1. So have you accepted the Mary thing or does every year bring you closer to the acceptance of this ritual... being a former Lutheran and all. It is the one Catholic ideology I struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you should mention that! My mom and I were just talking about that concept. Every year brings me closer. I even debated putting up the pictures, because for those who don't understand, it certainly looks like we worship Mary. I told Evan we are honoring her for being the mother of Jesus. The more I say it, the more I understand it. My biggest struggle with being a convert is confession. I'm at peace with Mary!

    ReplyDelete