Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bedtime and Potty

I wish I had some pictures of Hudson wearing underwear. But I don't. I'll have to get some photos of him to post. Because I'm one of those moms who lives to embarrass her kids.

In any case, Hudson has decided to start potty training himself. I really wouldn't have minded if he had decided to stay in diapers for longer. He's not even three. But he has other ideas.

On the weekend he runs around without a diaper and has not had any pee accidents. Unfortunately, there have been some poop incidents. The kind where you stick the kid in the shower, clothing and all.

We are sort of following Hudson's lead on the whole potty issue. If he wants to go sans diaper, fine. If not, I'll slap one on his tiny butt.

As for bedtime, we are toughening up when it comes to his night time shenanigans. Eric had a late meeting on Tuesday, so I decided to be "tough mommy." I used The Nanny approach and just kept putting him back in bed without speaking. I must have put him back in bed 30 times. He screamed and cried and made my heart hurt when he begged for hugs I refused to give. He lasted about an hour.

Last night he lasted 45 minutes. Tonight he's lasted over an hour, but he has only gotten up a handful of times. I think we are making progress, but I don't want to jinx it. Eric and I just have to stay strong on this one. I refuse to have a 2-year-old who is a "night owl." Two-year-olds don't need to be night owls. They need to go to bed.

Sorry for the ramble. These are the two biggest issues in our life at the moment! Hopefully I'll get my act together soon and get some photos of the wee ones.

1 comment:

  1. 2 year olds shouldnt be night owls? Stay tough, you can do it mommy!

    ReplyDelete