Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! Welcome 2017!

Happy New Year!  I have to admit that I hate the week in between Christmas and New Year's, but once the year rolls over, I'm all better!  There's something exciting about a fresh start, new goals, and a whole new year to contemplate.

Last month, Gwen at Sunnyside Bicycles began a #sbfitnesschallenge group on Instagram.  She posted a theme for each day, and we were supposed to post our pictures each day while working towards our goals.

She posted the January themes.  Here they are:

 There are some great days listed there!  Can't wait to get started and make progress on my goals.

I decided to make short term and semi-easier goals for each month, while also focusing on some long term year-long goals as well.

Here are my January goals:

I'm really bad at making graphic posts!  Look at how crooked my letters are!  I need to find an app that will let me make cutesy memes.

The goals are pretty self explanatory, but let me give a bit more detail on a few. 

1. I want to see the green ring on my Apple Watch make a complete circle each day.  I'd also be happy seeing the two other rings make complete circles, but the main goal is the green activity ring.

2. Continue working through the schedule of Couch to 5K.

3. Hydrate!

4. Self explanatory.

5. I have some sort of mental block when it comes to attending a spin class.  I'm so intimidated by it.  I want to get over that at least ONCE!

6. Follow Matthew Kelly's Prayer Process each morning for ten minutes of prayer time.  I really enjoy getting my coffee and sitting in a corner of the couch under the Christmas lights to read and pray each morning.  It's so peaceful and quiet, and I'm really able to focus and absorb. I'll need to provide myself with some soft lighting in that corner once I take down the Christmas lights.  It's a really nice way to start the day.

7. Read at least 10 pages of a book each day.  I slumped on this last summer, but if I remain steady with it this year, I should be able to top the number of books I read this year.  I'm shooting for finishing at least 70 books.

New pajamas for a new year!  And yes, I totally wore these in the car as we drove across town to get cheeseburgers and shakes from In N Out drive thru.  These pj's are the softest and most flattering I have ever owned!  And they are purple!

I'll share my long-term 2017 goals in another post.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment