Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Chicken Little is Home Sick

Second day back to school and I had to bring Hudson home because he threw up in class.  Ew.

To his credit, he found me in the resource room during morning prayer and told me he felt like he was going to throw up.  Is it just me, or do we try to convince our kids that they really don't feel that way?

I started in on all the reasons why he probably felt sick: at the doctor yesterday for his cough and wheezing, medicine is making his tummy funny, take off sweatshirt if too hot, tired, and on and on.  I did tell him to run out the door if he really needed to puke.  He didn't take that advice and threw up on the floor at the front of the classroom.  I owe a huge present to his teacher.

I updated some lesson plans and got my classes covered and brought him home.  He is feeling much better.  I tried to get him to sleep.  He is still resisting.  Guess who is going to bed really early tonight?!

At least Harry is happy to have someone's lap to be in for warmth.

In other news, we all survived our first day back to school/work after vacation.  It was a good, but tiring, day.
It was also a little hectic because I needed to get Hudson to the doctor to get ahead of the wheezing and asthma that always accompanies his colds.  Luckily, I was able to get him in during my teaching break.  Of course, he wanted a "treat" on the way back to school.  I'm a sucker and got him a McDonald's cheeseburger.

So much for this being the year of bright and bold lipstick!  I completely forgot to put any on yesterday!

I did, however, remember to pack lunch!  I'm back on my Whole30 plan at least until the end of January.  As much as I loved vacation, I'm ready to feel more alert, less lethargic, and have less cravings for sugar.

I got quite a bit done yesterday.  I've got my planner, my salad, my new scarf, my water, and Hudson's medicine!

My partner teacher surprised me with a Christmas present on my desk at school.  Inside were three Lush bath bombs!  I was so excited!  I've been wanting to try these things for weeks.  After boot camp I came home and thoroughly enjoyed my bath with this thing.  It smelled so good and made the water this super pretty purple color.  I'm going to have to teach myself to make these because I could seriously use one every single night.  At over $6 each, I think even Eric would start to tell me no!  But oh how I enjoyed it!  

Now I have to decide if I'm going to use the other two bombs right away or if I'm going to spread out the indulgence.  I want them now!

My January goal of making my bed each day is going strong on day four.  The dogs aren't really pleased with me as I kick them out of their warm spots.  That bump is Harry who wiggled under the blanket in search of warmth.

Buddy opted to lay on top of the soft blanket at the end of the bed.  I laughed at how laid back he looked resting on his side without a care in the world!

Fingers crossed that Hudson is okay for me to return to work tomorrow.  As any teacher knows, trying to create sub plans is not fun.  Sometimes it's just easier to suffer through and be at school.  I do have to say that the iPad program makes me being gone a lot easier.  I simply upload work and directions directly to the kids.  I just need someone to monitor them.  

In any case, I am getting quite a bit done at home.  Silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment