Sunday, November 23, 2014

Happy Birthday to the Best Husband!

Today is Eric's 46th birthday.  I know this is a funny picture to share for his birthday, but there is a story.  Basically, I'm the most blessed person around to have this man in my life.  God certainly blessed me with an amazing person to love and raise a family.

Anyhow, last Thursday was academic awards at school, so Eric came to school that morning to see the boys get honor roll certificates and perfect attendance awards.  I'm the official school photographer, so I was using the good camera to take a bunch of photos.

After the awards were finished, Eric was walking back to class with me to get my car keys.  Another teacher started talking to me to ask if I could email her pictures of her son getting awards.  I was joking with her about not sending the pictures and started walking backwards.

I stepped back into a puddle and sank ankle deep with both feet!  My shoes and feet were covered in mud and water.  It was awful.  I was in shock and sort of teared up.

The other teacher felt so bad, and Eric helped me out of the mud.  Thank goodness I didn't fall down all together.

The man is such a sweetheart, because he went to Wal Mart and bought me new shoes, new slippers because I was feeling sorry for myself, and a surprise Diet Coke!  I needed the shoes, I wanted the slippers, but the Diet Coke was the best surprise!  I took a sip and it was like instant good feelings!

I am truly blessed to be able to spend my life with Eric.  He is an amazing father, husband, and friend.  We laugh, we accept each other for who we are, and he is our protector.  We all love this man!





No comments:

Post a Comment