Sunday, October 9, 2011

CVS 10/9

Today's CVS trip was just okay. I was seriously unimpressed with the CVS sale ad, and I was also disappointed in the coupon selections in the paper. Oh well.

That being said, I wanted to use a $5 off of $25 coupon for CVS. I figured I'd somehow be able to buy enough merchandise to add up to $25!

Here's the haul:


I bought:
-3 greeting cards
-2 Sensodyne toothpastes - used two $1 coupons
-2 Purex laundry soap - BOGO free
-2 Right Guard body wash - used $1 coupon

Shelf price would have cost $40.51. Besides the manufacturer coupons, I also used the $5 off $25 coupon and $8 in Extra Care Bucks.

Subtotal was $11. That gave me a 73% savings. I also earned $10 in Extra Care Bucks for next week, and the sales look much better.

Like I said, not my best work. However, I'll take a 73% savings over no savings any day!

And here's a little tidbit I just looked up...CVS is a drug store and the acronym, at one point stood for "Consumer Value Store". Now the acronym is said to stand for "Convenience, Value and Service" according to the CVS corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment