Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Evan!

Today is Evan's 6th birthday! Wow! That is really strange to say. We are now the parents of a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old.

Evan had his first "friend" birthday party today. Up til now it has always been family parties, but today he had 20-something kids join him at Me N Ed's for pizza, cake, and presents.

The party started at noon, and at one point I figured it must be at least 3 p.m, but a quick look at my phone showed me it was only 1:01! We were hopping the entire time keeping kids busy, fed, and entertained! Who knew kid parties could be so exhausting?!

I don't think Evan has ever received this many presents at one time! His little heart was racing as he ripped open one present after another.

It was a really fun time.

Happy Birthday to the little man who made me a mom. I can remember how I felt 6 years ago tonight. I was in awe, relieved to have given birth, and quite scared that this new life was depending on me. Being a mom is the best thing I have ever done. It is also the most demanding and tiring thing I have ever done! I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Evan,
You are such an amazing little guy! You make us so proud to be your mom and dad. You constantly amaze us with all of your abilities. We love to watch you succeed.

You have some amazing qualities such as your compassion for your friends. I see how you give big hugs to your teammates when they make a soccer goal, or how you console a friend who gets hurt on the playground. Watching you be generous with friends makes us so very proud of you.

You are such a happy guy. You are able to get along with so many different kids. It's fun to watch you hang out and play with kids of any age.

You are competitive and work hard at both school and sports. We hope you always have that drive to improve whether it be at math or making soccer goals.

You are such an important member of our family. You are a son, brother, cousin, nephew and grandson. We all love you very much and are having so much fun watching you grow and learn.

We love you, Peanut!

Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment