Monday, March 8, 2010

Fame

Last Friday Evan and I, along with two of Evan's classmates, headed to the Channel 26 news studio to tape a live segment about car safety. The segment had to do with being aware of small children while backing up in a car.


Braden, Evan and Samantha are standing on a mat behind the car with measurements marked off every few feet. It seems hard to believe, but sitting in a driver's seat, it was really hard to see all three kids even as far back as 18 feet. For the segment, I was standing on the 20-foot mark behind the kids waving at the cameraman who was filming at the front of the car. He could only see me waving and none of the kids.


Samantha was such a good little girl standing right on her dot. The boys were a bit more fidgety. We had to do a couple of teasers before the live interview, but whenever the cameraman gave the okay, the kids grabbed our phones to play games.


Evan. One giant piece of my heart.


The kids in front of the faded Channel 26 sign. If and when Channel 26 puts a link of the segment on their website, I'll load it to the blog for all to see.


This picture is unrelated to the kids being on the news, but I love this time of year when the air is crisp and we can see the Sierra Nevada mountains as plain as day. They are so pretty right now with the snow capped peaks. I always think I should take a picture when I am out running, but I don't want to carry a camera while running. I thought I'd try a shot through my car window. Still not the best, but you get the idea. Just wanted to share.

2 comments:

  1. hey! I am right on the otherside of those mountains!! Sometimes on TOP! :D So cool.
    Hey I might bring the kids to Sacremento over spring break. Maybe we can meet at the spaghetti factory for dinner if you are interested. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day. And it is crazy when you realize just how much you can't see when in the car. Yikes. But what a fun learning experience and somehting I'm sure the kids were so psyched about!

    ReplyDelete