Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Donuts

Hudson is my sugar boy. I think this child loves sugar more than I do, and I love sugar a lot!

The little story I am about to share was much cuter in person because of Hudson's little voice, mannerisms, and gestures. Even though the retelling won't be nearly as adorable, I wanted to write this down.

I was changing Hudson's diaper on Sunday. Once we were done and I put pants on him, Hudson asked, "Where going, Mom?"

"Nowhere," I said. "Where do you want to go?"

"Store," he said with an impish grin. Only "store" is pronounced more like "stowe."

"And what do you want to get at the store?" I asked.

"Donuts!" was his instant reply.

I cracked up when he said that. It amazed me that he not only knew he wanted to go to the store, but that he wanted to buy donuts once he got there! Well, he twisted my arm (really he did) at the store yesterday. I bought little powdered donuts for him to eat this morning. How could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment