Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Best Toy Ever...

is a giant box!



We bought a treadmill today. I am determined to keep up with my running, but I don't enjoy running in the dark by myself. I'll still do some outdoor running, but for the busy weekdays I need to be able to run inside.

Besides, I didn't feel like joining a gym. Much easier to walk out my bedroom and step on a treadmill in another room. Another plus is I can wear what I want when I exercise in my own house. And I wear some pretty weird getups when I work out!


Hudson looks like he's crying, but I just caught him at a funny moment. Evan is under the blankets on the right side.

Once we got the treadmill out of the car and out of the box, the boys immediately confiscated it for their new clubhouse! Evan piled every blanket in the house into the box to make a bed for the two of them. I just laughed. They get to keep their new toy at least until trash day.


The weather here is beautiful today, but it is starting to get into the 80's. Certainly too hot for all those blankets, but what's a secret clubhouse if you can't hide under a bunch of blankets?


Hi Mom! Hudson in his corner of the box/clubhouse playing with two little bouncy balls.

I just heard Evan exclaim, "Hudson, you found my flashlight...Thanks!" I suppose that will make for a perfect addition to the ambiance of the clubhouse. Evan wants to sleep in the box tonight. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment