Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gearing up for T-Ball


So far this weekend has been all about Evan. After a relaxing breakfast, we went to Sports Authority to buy Evan some new baseball gear. I ran after Hudson who is surprisingly quick, while Eric helped Evan choose a mitt, baseball pants, cleats and two balls.


Now Evan is walking around the house in his gear saying things like, "Mom, these shoes are actually good shoes." Or, "These are actually real baseball pants." He's too funny right now!


I am happy that he is happy. What he doesn't understand is that the games aren't starting for another month. We are still waiting to hear from the coach to see when practices will be.

I am thinking our life is about to change...yet again! It's an exciting change, though!

******************************************************************************

It's been quite a while since I've updated the blog, but there have been good reasons. Three weeks ago I got into the accident. Then we had an urgent care trip. I never got better and was battling a sore throat for 15 days. Then my grandma died and my dad had to go to Los Angeles to deal with that. Then Dad came home and had what we thought was a stroke the next day at work. Then he wound up in San Francisco for two days. (He is home and fine.)

I still didn't get over my sore throat and thought it moved into my ears. I stayed home from work (which I rarely do) and I finally got some good medicine. Then I had the Science Fair at school.

I just didn't have it in me to keep up with the blog during all that. I feel so much better.

Anyhow, we are all healthy for the moment. My Dad is fine. I still am driving the rental car. Science Fair is over. The next big thing at school is WASC, but we'll get through just fine.

3 comments:

  1. OH I love the baseball stuff! Max is a baseball nut and wants to play so bad. We'll probably miss it again for moving but he was very concerned that Germany had baseball fields too. I assured him they did and he felt much better. He'd play ball with Evan ANY time. Such fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! What a doll. And we'll forgive your for your lack of posting...you've been just a little bit busy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete