Monday, January 16, 2012

What We Are Up To

It's been a busy two weeks since school started back. Here is what we have been up to.

Soccer - and lots of it. Both of the outdoor teams (OLPH and Argentina) have moved to indoor. That means lots of practice and lots of games. Luckily, OLPH is not having practice because the coach (who also happens to own the indoor arena) knows that the two main players (Evan and Isaiah) are already practicing for Argentina. I'm not sure if that made any sense, but what it means in practical terms for us is only two practices a week for Argentina. There will be 18 games total from now until early March. One cool thing is that the OLPH coach told me that Hudson could play on the team! I even got him an OLPH uniform. Sorry, no pics. Bad mom. He did GREAT during his first game, and he is right there in the fray of things. Evan was excited to have his brother on his team as well. Evan is pretty proud of his little brother for having skills. I think Evan sees Hudson's abilities as a reflection of him because as he claims, "I taught Hudson everything he knows!" Hudson also takes a soccer class every Tuesday. Practice Monday and Wednesday, soccer class on Tuesday, games on Friday or Saturdays. Yep, that keeps us hopping.

Birthday Party - Where was it held? Where else...but at Indoor Soccer!

Running - I officially started training for my third half marathon on April 1. It's in Ventura, and I enlisted my cousin Michelle to run it with me. I am excited. I am feeling decently strong running-wise. Lately, Eric and the boys ride their bikes with me while I run. I like having them out there with me.

Math - I picked up teaching both math classes at school. I like teaching math. I'm still getting used to the extra time in the classroom. Running helps the stress levels I feel regarding this issue.

Meetings - Eric and I still go to Weight Watchers meetings every week. He also has City Council meetings that he has to attend every so often. I have School Board meetings once a month. I also have 50th Anniversary committee meetings twice a month. There is also going to be Academic Decathlon meetings coming up soon. Ugh. Meetings.

That's about it for now. Oh, and I got a new phone, and I love it.

2 comments:

  1. Really... you outed me on your blog read by millions of followers... you failed to mention that I "run" and do not like to train. You, my (much) younger and faster cousin, will seriously kick my butt! (Insert swear word), I am going to have to start training. Love ya Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I created a blog for my sister-in-law so really I am not welcoming anyone to Kansas... :)

    ReplyDelete