Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Savings

I'm not sure what got into me, but I agreed to take Evan with me for my CVS run tonight. Then Hudson wanted to go. I said I'd only take Hudson if Eric went. So...the whole family headed off to CVS. Ugh.

My plan didn't work out the way I wanted it to because they were out of the contact solution that will give me back a certain amount of Extra Care Bucks (ECBs).

However, I still got some good deals.


I got all this plus four more Diet Cokes for $12.85. Plus I earned $12.69 in ECB's. The other four Diet Cokes didn't make it into the photo shoot. They got put away in the garage before I could get everyone lined up for the picture.

Here's what I got: 6 Diet Cokes, 2 Garnier Fructis conditioners, 1 Garnier Fructis shampoo, 1 Garnier Fructis face lotion, 2 boxes of Apple Jacks cereal, 1 Loreal face powder makeup, 1 Balance Bar, and 1 CVS brand Benadryl.

The only items not on sale were the Benadryl and the face makeup. However, I had a $2 off coupon for the makeup.

If I had bought all these items without sales or coupons, I would have paid $69.03. Sale prices brought the total down to $51.01. I had $41 in coupons and ECBs. That brought the subtotal down to $10.01. Taxes brought my total up to $12.85. I saved 85% off of retail price. If you factor in the $12.69 of ECBs that I earned, I only paid 16 cents for today's spree.

Yay me!

Oh, and I love my family, but they aren't allowed to come back with me. At least not the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment