Thursday, August 3, 2017

Why, Hello There! Yes, I'm Alive!

It's an actual, honest to goodness post!  I have no intention of keeping up regularly on this blog, but I have some time today, my laptop was actually on, and I figured I'd do a multi-month update.

The only part of the blog that I actively keep up with is the Books Read tabs.  Go there to see what I read last year and this year.

So, what have we been up to?  A long hot summer.

I taught summer school for six weeks.  We took several day trips to the ocean. We took a mini vacation to Universal Studios. Now I'm getting back to business at school.

We spent last Wednesday at Universal, and we took it easy on Thursday.  We were originally going to go back to Universal on Thursday, but there was a little mix up with ticket blackout dates.  No problem.  It allowed us to sleep and swim!

We were so tired from the trip the day before.  It was nice to sleep in and spend leisure time at the pool.  The weather was perfect for Eric and me to lounge on a chair poolside.

Hudson enjoyed the pool.

I love it when my boys get along.

Love those smiles!

So relaxed.

Messy hair, no makeup, new sunglasses.  It was pretty nice.

We stayed at the Universal Sheraton hotel.  It's probably the fanciest hotel the boys have stayed in.  I love a striped pool towel that makes me feel like I'm at a private resort!

I got spiffy new Beats that match my phone, my watch, and my iPad!

While it would have been cool to be in a room way up there, our room was awesome as well because it had a sliding door that opened directly to the pool!

I'll do a whole separate post on our day at Universal Studios another day.  Here's a few other things happening in 4C world.

One of the very few days this summer that I didn't get up at 4 a.m.  I enjoyed coffee in bed.  I love it when Eric gets up and makes me my cup of coffee and delivers it to my nightstand!  That's love!  I was really enjoying my coffee, blanket, and bed this day.

I started my third round of Whole30, but I'm pretty certain that I'm going to make it a Whole45.  I'll write another post talking about why I'm doing that.  We shop at Trader Joe's each week for groceries.  I've seen this seasoning in various Instagram posts and needed to try it out for myself.  So good!

I made the kids try on every last living piece of uniform clothing that we own.  They loved it!  It's not anyone's favorite day, but it is a must to see what we have and what we need.  I was able to grab a used items at school and only had to buy two polo shirts for Hudson.  #majorwin

Mango salsa with bbq chicken.  Thank goodness I like raw veggies in a salad.

This is what I was able to snag at school from the used uniforms.  I was super happy to get most of what we needed.

It always cracks me up when I see this dog upside in his bed!

I took this picture yesterday and sent it to Eric because it has been a while since I've had hair and makeup done!  I'm also liking my new sparkle shirt!

I'm not looking forward to the stress of working, but I'm looking forward to days filled with purpose and routine...if that makes any sense!  I love what I do.  I just don't like to get stressed.  The beginning of the year is always awesome with new beginnings, but it can definitely be stressful.

As always, I'd love to blog more, but other stuff just seems to get in the way.  One thing that might help is an idea that we have to redo our family room concept.  I'm hoping to give myself a dedicated spot to do work (school work, laptop, blog, etc.).  I don't have a space like this at home, and I need one!

I'm not putting any pressure on myself to write regularly, but I never want to let this little piece of our world go!

No comments:

Post a Comment