Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Whole30 - Day 3

Phew!  Day 3 was rough!  I was struggling from the second I woke up until the second I went to sleep.

The struggles were mainly due to a splitting headache, lethargy, and lack of appetite.

I am all for medication when it comes to pain, but for some reason I don't want to use medicine right now if I don't have to.  I just suffered through.

I didn't experience any food cravings, but I sure noticed all the food and drinks around me that are off limits: chicken fried steak, candy, cake in the break room, cups of soda, whipped cream. You name it, I saw it.  It's like when I was pregnant...I noticed every pregnant person walking around!  Right now I see all the food.  It wasn't so much that I wanted the food, but more irritating that I wasn't allowing myself to have it.  I'm not sure if that even makes sense.

I was pretty irritable yesterday as well.  A few work related things had me stressing big time and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to fix all of my tasks for the day.  That didn't help my headache!

Food was pretty similar to the days before.
Breakfast - sausage, potato, onion, red and green pepper
Lunch - chicken
*I had a salad that I didn't have time or feel like eating.  However, by 3:30 I was feeling hungry so I pulled out the salad and ate it while watching Kid #1 play football.  I had to chuckle at the comments I got at how good my salad looked!  And it was good!  I was very happy at that moment eating my salad.

Dinner - taco (the family had traditional tacos with seasoning and tortillas while I portioned out my meat, sprinkled it with salt and pepper and wrapped it in a lettuce leaf with Eric's homemade salsa)
Snack - fresh roasted pumpkin seeds

Besides not eating enough at lunch and needing to eat my salad at 3:30, I wasn't hungry yesterday...just grouchy!

I feel much better this morning.

I'm also loving these tomatoes from Trader Joe's.  I'm heading to Sprouts this weekend to see the selections of healthy foods they carry.

I slept well last first.  Then I randomly woke up at 2 a.m. and had the hardest time getting back to sleep.  I finally drifted off around 4.  Ugh.  Not sure if it is food or detox related, but it wasn't fun.

This morning, I was tired of sausage so I made myself a rib eye steak for breakfast.  Yesterday, the thought of the sausage wasn't appetizing, so I figured I better take a break from that for a few days.

Evan was pretty interested in my steak.  My plan was to eat half for breakfast and put the other half into my salad.  I ended up giving half to Evan for his lunch.  I'm not sure how many 7th graders get to take rib eye steak in their lunch!  Lucky kid.

And now for a few random photos of our last few days.

We bought a pumpkin for Hudson to carve.  Pumpkin carving is a "dad job" in our house.  It's just not in my skill set!

Hudson got to wield the knife as well.  His pumpkin turned out really cute.

That boy loves to use the lighter.


Morning snuggles with Buddy.

Buddy was sure loving the attention before we left for school this morning.

I've got all my food for the day, so I should be fine.  I weigh in tonight at Weight Watchers, but I'm going to tell them not to tell me my progress.  I don't want to see numbers until the Whole30 is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment