Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Today is the Day

Today is Eric's surgery.  We are just waiting until it is time to get to the hospital for the procedure later today.  I'll be covering the experience in future posts.

Here's what we have been up to lately.

 I barely cooked over Easter Vacation.  I'm not sure how I managed to avoid the kitchen and the grocery store.  It's a talent.  This balsamic glazed chicken is one of the few things I made last week.

 We took the kids to MB2 on Easter Sunday afternoon.  They had fun racing.  I think that is Hudson in the above picture.  He even beat Evan in the second race!  Evan didn't like that at all.

 I made deviled eggs for Easter dinner.  They were good.

 Eric made garlic mashed potatoes and...

 prime rib that was seriously delicious.

 One morning I found Hudson asleep on the couch with his tongue hanging out.  The dogs liked it.


 We made a Costco run and had dinner.  See above where I avoided the kitchen all week.  Thank goodness for Pop Tarts, otherwise my children might have starved.

 I took a random picture of my hand one night.  Notice the scaly patch of skin around my ring finger where my ring usually resides.  It's itchy.

 I worked on the yearbook for days and days and days.  Then I posted the above picture on Instagram.  I thought was going to snap at any moment.

 Random selfie.  I probably took this thinking that I'd use it for my daily photo, but then saw the picture and said why would I put that out there for the world to see?!

 The yearbook was one step closer to being done because I actually closed the laptop!

 And then the day came that I finished the yearbook.  It was not without its problems, but it's over, so I don't want to talk about it!

I grabbed the kids and we zipped to Hanford to drown my angst/sorrows/relief/giddiness in ice cream.

 Hudson got one scoop of chocolate ice cream with hot fudge on the side.  Yes, that is one scoop.  The scoops at Superior Dairy are ridiculously and fantastically huge!

 I had a strawberry sundae.  And it was good.

 Evan and Eric shared.  Silly boys.

 The next day was Eric's day off and we hung out as a family.  We saw the latest Fast and Furious movie.  Loved it.  Then we went to buy Evan soccer shoes.

 Can't believe they willingly let me take their picture!

 On Friday night, Evan went to a friend's house for the weekend because of soccer.  The rest of us left the next day for a family baptism.  We wanted something sweet, so we got Baskin Robbins. And we texted pictures to Evan so he'd know what he was missing...cuz we are nice like that!

 It was strange to take a trip without Evan.  Hudson missed him.  He barely spoke to us all weekend.  He was permanently attached to his tablet.


 Lunch at Panda before the baptism.


 Family selfie.

 Oh my little Huddy Buddy.

 Jason is the oldest grandchild on Eric's side of the family.  He is the oldest son of Eric's oldest sister, Lisa.  He and his wife, Chelsea, just had little Julian in February.  He is a doll!

 It was a very nice baptism.

We spent the night with my cousin Michelle and her husband Nick.  We had a great time talking and catching up.  Her son, Nick, spent a lot of time playing video games with Hudson.  We didn't take any pictures.

 We went to Tahoe Joe's on Monday for Eric's "last" dinner.  He'll be able to eat real food again, but it's going to be a bit of time.

Yesterday, he started on a liquid diet, and today is no food until the surgery.

It's here.  I'm worried.  Because it's surgery, but everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment