Monday, April 20, 2009

The Day the Fish Tank Died



No, we did not lose a beloved pet fish. Instead, we lost a beloved fish tank.

My parents gave Evan an electric light up scrolling fish tank thing for a birthday or Christmas. I don't remember when we got it. All I know is that this thing has been in our life for a while. There are no real fish. There is no water. There is a screen that rolls by and a light that sort of makes it look like the fish are swimming by.

Evan has loved this thing ever since he got it over a year ago. We use it as a nightlight in the kids' room. Apparently last night the fish tank stopped working. This tragic event caused Evan to visit us no less than four times last night.

Eric checked out the tank today and determined that the bulb is burned out and cannot be replaced. I guess the fish tank was not meant to be used every single night for over 8 hours for over a year!

I guess we either need a new tank, or we need to get a night light. I am guessing that Evan will want a new tank. For tonight, the bathroom light is on. I just hope he doesn't feel the need to visit us in the wee hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment