Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  It's crazy to see 2015 roll around so fast.  Geez, I can remember when we were all in a tizzy over leaving behind 1999!  I plan to write about my goals and "resolutions" next week.  I'm following the schedule of a blog I really enjoy, and that is the first topic up for Show and Tell Tuesday. For now, I'll share our ever so exciting last day of 2014.

Without meaning to, we ended up spending NYE day running errands all over town.

My honey agreed to run errands with me.  Plus, I needed him to fix my time clock at school so all the people can get paid.  All I had to do was buy him a large diet coke!

A few emails sent, paychecks passed out, time clock fixed, and we left school and headed to the bank.

Bank, lunch, Costco, party store, and grocery store.  Doesn't sound like much, but when all was said and done, we didn't get home for good until after 6.  Not sure I'm going to make it to midnight!

 This is our third trip out for the day.  Gloomy day here in Clovis.

 Some party supplies for my mom's 70th birthday party tomorrow and some "get through the next few days" supplies for us at home.

 I am a lucky girl.  Whenever we go shopping, I don't have to push the cart, I don't have to load the car, and I don't have to put the cart back in the place where you are supposed to put them after you shop.  I love it when he shops with me!

 Of course we ring New Year's in with hot chocolate.   Doesn't everybody?  This one pounced on me as soon as we got back from the store wanting to know if I'd gotten the hot chocolate!  I estimate the box of 18 K Cups will last about 2 1/2 days!

 This one didn't want his photo taken, but he did want his hot chocolate.  He needs to get with the program.  #10goingon16

 House is a mess, Christmas is still up, blankets and dogs are everywhere.  None of that matters because I have my little family with me and we are safe and healthy and together.

Bubble bath, fuzzy socks, weenie pajamas, robe, and Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve on the TV.  I'm ready for some onion puffs and champagne.

 Gorgonzola onion puffs.  I love these babies!  They are my go to snack food on nights like this.

 At 11:30 we made the kids leave their video games behind and come out to the family room to watch the last of Rockin' Eve together.  Huddy snuggled in his blanket on Eric.

 Evan curled up opposite his dad's feet.  And made a duck face.

 Eric tried to be cool like Evan by throwing out peace signs!  It just made the 10-year-old laugh.

 Harry shivered all night.  It got down into the 20s last night.  Very cold for our neck of the woods.

I tried to do a selfie at midnight...and was unsuccessful.  I had the camera turned the wrong way for this one and kept getting my finger in it!  The boys were being creepy and refused to take a family photo.  Oh well.  We were there.  We partied like old people.

I pray that 2015 is a happy, healthy, and successful year for the Forcey Family.  We were blessed with a great 2014.  I don't ever want to take this amazing life for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment