Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I'm a coffee drinker?

I am thinking that drinking Diet Coke all day is not the healthiest of things.  Nor is having a Diet Coke first thing in the morning to get my caffeine fix the best option.  I've been thinking about trying to like coffee.  Keep in mind, I have not been a coffee drinker for nearly 40 years.  I have been teaching for 15 years and I have not taken to coffee.  I worked graveyard shifts at a police department in my 20s and did not drink coffee!  I tried out law school and did not consume coffee.  You get the idea.

Last week, Amanda and I worked at her house every day on WASC, and she showed me how she fixes her coffee.  I liked it!  I liked it so much that I went out and bought a bunch of K cups to use in the Keurig that my mom gave me.  I had to do a few trial and errors to make it work properly, but I got the hang of it.

I like the Folgers Vanilla Biscotti, one tablespoon of fat free/sugar free caramel creamer, and two splenda.  It tastes all warm and caramel-vanilla like.  It has the added benefit of keeping me warm and not craving a coke until much later in the day.

I plan to work on phasing out the soda altogether.  Baby steps.

Oh, and this was the only coffee mug I could find in the house!  I bought myself a pretty teal coffee cup that makes me feel very special!

No comments:

Post a Comment