Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Hudson!


Happy birthday to my baby! It's hard to believe that this little guy is already two. While there are parts of me just wishing for him to be older, talking, and capable, there is an equally strong part of me wishing he was still my itty bitty baby.


At 6 a.m. two years ago, Hudson was still firmly in my belly. My doctor decided to induce me on the 13th. I was perfectly fine with this decision, but never really thought I'd make it to the induction date. I should have known then and there how this child was going to cling to me!


Minutes old. After the doctor broke my water at 8 a.m, I labored all day. Hudson finally had to be pulled out with a little help from a suction cup. Eric and I did our best "pushing" work when we were alone in the room together. It seemed that is when I could focus and get Hudson moved down and OUT OF ME!


Yikes! Those hospital lights tend to be bright!


Grandma gets to meet you for the first time.


Then Grandpa got to hold you!


Our first family shot. Your brother thought you were pretty cool! But he also thought it was neat that the hospital delivered my food to me on a tray!


Then a whole year went by and you turned one. Now it's hard to believe that you have been a part of our family for two whole years. It's hard to imagine life without you.


Waiting for birthday cake.


Two boys who can sometimes be very, very sweet and very, very silly. (We went to the Parish Festival today which is why Evan is sporting the multi-colored hair and face painting.)


Just about to blow out the candles.

Hudson Hartman Forcey, you are the sunshine in our world. Your little smile can light up any dark place. Your sweet little face makes a bad day seem a bit easier.

You are so eager to keep up with your big brother, but you definitely aren't going to let him boss you around! You have your own ideas about the world and have an independent streak that goes on for miles. Why should we help you do things when you can do them yourself?!

You are getting so much better at telling us what you want, and what you want is usually a popscicle! You still have a sneaky side to you. Just today you got in trouble for unraveling most of Mom's dental floss!

You are such a smart little man, always figuring out how to open doors, drag chairs around to reach the computer, and push buttons on the phone. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with you.

Dad, Evan, and I love you so very, very much. Happy Birthday Chicken!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...that pic of your dad with Hudson is all the more precious now, isn't it? Hugs! And look how little Evan is there with brand-new Hudson. What cute kids you have.

    Happy birthday, Hudson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pics. Happy Birthday, Hudson! (You know what else I love? What I see on the tv in the background...GO PACK GO!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should have two more...

    ReplyDelete