Monday, September 14, 2009

$6 Spree


I bought all of this stuff for $6 flat! I love it when my totals come out to nice round numbers!

I was quite pleased with my CVS trip this week. I got the following: 2 boxes of cereal, 4 body washes, 1 conditioner, 2 boxes of Ziplocs, 1 toothpaste, 1 Chilren's Tylenol and 1 Children's Motrin. Everything was either on sale, bought with a coupon or gave me an Extra Care Buck (ECB).

I ended up doing two transactions to get these good deals. The first transaction cost $1.72 and returned $7 in ECB's. The second deal cost $4.28 and returned $6 in ECB's! I also got a couple of great coupons printed out on my receipt to be used for future purchases.

To summarize: I spent $6, I saved $50.85, I earned a total of $13 in ECB's, and I received a couple of coupons. Pretty great shopping trip for a small amount of planning yesterday morning!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Heather! Seriously impressed here, mostly because my boys are in LOVE with Cinnamon Toast Crunch and I know how rare it is to find it for just $3 a box, let alone with all that other stuff too!!! Wow. The medicine, ziploc bags...all of it is brand-name! Way impressed.

    Will you do my shopping for me? I'll even pay you for your time when you can cut the costs that low! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish we had stores like that around here! In the boonies, we either have to drive for the good deals (Which costs gas $$) or put up with the slightly higher local prices. But that's okay, too, b/c I don't think I'd last much closer to the city. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! I see you have caught the CVS bug!! Woot-Woot!

    ReplyDelete